Institution

Churches of Peace in Jawor and Świdnica

The largest wooden churches in Europe were built in 17th century after the Peace of Westphalia which ended the Thirty Years’ War (1618-1648). Ferdinand III, Holy Roman Emperor gave his permission to the Lutherans in the Roman Catholic parts of Silesia to built three Evangelical churches.

Address

pl. Pokoju 6, 58 -100 Świdnica, Poland

Telephone

+48 74 852 28 14

Email

kosciol@kosciolpokoju.pl